Uber Eats makes it easy to order food for a group of friends or colleagues.
Ordering food for a group of friends can be a hassle. But why manage it in a group chat when you can do it in the Uber Eats app? Ensure everyone gets what they want by placing a group order together. Learn how to do it below.
How to Place a Group Order on Uber Eats
Not many people know you can place a group order on Uber Eats. But it’s an easy process that ensures that everyone gets a chance to chip in and get the food they want.
Follow the steps below to place a group order on Uber Eats:
- Open the Uber Eats app on your phone and select a restaurant to order from.
- Tap the Group order option under the restaurant details on the home page.
- Uber Eats has the order preferences set to let everyone order at any time, let you pay for everyone, and place a one-time order by default. Customize each option by tapping the pencil icon next to it to set your preferences. Start with People can order at any time. Set a deadline by which people should add their items and tap Save.
- Next, tap the pencil icon next to Pay for everybody. If there’s a budget, enter it in the Spending limit text box. If you’d rather have everyone pay separately, tap Everyone pays for themselves.
- Finally, tap the pencil icon next to Does not repeat and set the frequency at which you want to place the group order.
- Once that’s done, tap Invite people at the bottom and choose your contacts. Uber will populate the relevant chat with a message, which you can then send.
- The recipients must tap the link in the message and the Join order button in Uber Eats to contribute to the order.
- Once everyone is done, tap Go to checkout > Continue to checkout and complete the order.
Food delivery isn’t cheap, but Uber Eats is one of the cheapest food delivery services out there. This makes it a great option when ordering for a large group of friends.
How Group Orders Work on Uber Eats
When placing a group order, one person starts the order and invites others to contribute by choosing their meals. Contributors can see what others have ordered on the restaurant page and the order page by tapping [Name]’s group order at the bottom of the screen. They can also voluntarily leave the group order or be removed by the person placing the order.
Here are a few things to discuss before placing a group order:
- Whether the bill will be split or paid by one person.
- Whether a deadline is needed (urgent orders) or people can contribute to the order at any time.
- Whether this will be a one-time order or a repeat order.
The whole point of group orders is to make it easier for the person placing the order.
Collaborate on Group Orders on Uber Eats
Thanks to the Uber Eats app, placing food orders for a group of friends or colleagues doesn’t have to be a headache. By letting everyone contribute to the order, everyone can be happy and get exactly what they want. A similar group ordering feature is also available on competing food delivery apps like DoorDash.