- Book a group ride with up to three friends on Uber to save money and split the fare. All passengers must travel to the same destination.
- To book a group ride, open the Uber app, go to Services tab, select Group Ride, add pickup and drop-off locations, invite friends, and confirm the route.
- As the organizer of the group ride, you have control over the route, passengers, and vehicle type. Group rides are cost-effective and help reduce roadway congestion.
While many people know Uber as a common ride-hailing service for taking rides alone, did you know that you can also use Uber to book a group ride with up to three of your friends?
It’s true; you can use Uber as a carpooling service and then split the fare with other passengers. That said, Uber’s group rides only work if you and all the other passengers plan to travel to the same destination. You can learn all about this feature below.
How to Book a Group Trip With Uber
There are many scenarios where a group trip can be beneficial. Perhaps you want to save some money on gas, arrange a group shopping trip with friends, or arrive at a work event together with your colleagues. Whatever the situation may be, read on to find out how to book a group ride using the Uber app.
- Open the Uber app on your smartphone and go to the Services tab from the bottom menu.
- Select Group Ride and tap Get Started on the following screen.
- First, you have to add your pickup location. You can do so by setting the location on the map or using your current location or Saved Places.
- Next, add the final destination or drop-off location.
- Lastly, tap Invite People to get a link you can share with your friends to join the group ride. Remember that you should only invite a maximum of three other people.
- Make sure each passenger adds their pickup location or address to the route.
- Once everyone has joined the group ride, you and the other passengers will be able to see an overview of the route.
- From there, tap Confirm Route to see the map, verify the overall route, and view Uber’s different ride types and options.
It’s important to note that the person who organized the group trip has the authority to adjust the group ride in a number of ways that other passengers can’t.
For instance, if you’re the organizer, you can customize the entire route order, add and remove passengers from the trip, and change their pickup locations. Other passengers will only have an overview of the group ride and the ability to remove themselves. Furthermore, as the group ride organizer, you get to decide on the vehicle type and initiate the trip in the Uber app.
The Benefits of Uber Group Rides
Uber’s group rides have several impressive benefits. For one, traveling in a group means you can save money by sharing the fare, making it the more affordable option. Moreover, it is economical compared to taking your own vehicle and driving yourself.
Booking an Uber group ride is also the greener option. You’re effectively reducing vehicles on the road, which can help in decreasing roadway congestion and improving traffic flow.
Additionally, Uber is one of the best apps for a stress-free vacation. Essentially, you can use Uber’s group trips to ride with and meet up with local friends in the area instead of traveling alone.
Travel With Friends Using the Uber App
Because of the Uber app and its impressive features, it’s now easier than ever to head to a shared destination with a group of friends and arrive together. And that means saving time and money, too.
But apart from the obvious financial benefits, booking an Uber group ride is sure to make your life so much easier and more convenient. All it takes is a few simple steps, and you’ll be amazed at how simple it is to book a group ride.